Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Rocks, Glass & Grubs

Today's writing brings us into the garden, and the connection to earth and spirit that I feel when I am outside working. My gardens are also a place for me to process whatever is going on in my life at the time and digging seems to provide the space for answers. D~


With these hands,
I dig,
deeper
and deeper
into the earth.

Trying to unearth the answers
that lie within me - (surely they are here).

Along the way I find rocks, glass, grubs
and a rotting bulb, buried too deep to ever bloom.

I am that rotting bulb,
buried too deep,
to ever bloom.

Rocks, Glass and Grubs.
Hard, Sharp and Alive.

I continue digging 12 inches wide and 12 inches deep,
soil cool and crumbly, smells so clean here.

How much more is there to this unearthing process?
How much deeper will I have to dig, until I find the answers?

Placing my feet into the hole, then burying them in the soil,
I stand upright and feel the connection to the earth.

Not just to the earth, but to you, and even if it is for
a moment, it’s as if we are one.

Where are my answers? - (I ask aloud)
My heart holds the answers - (was that you?).

And you,
hold me,
steady and sure,
with an unwavering love,
and faith in me.


Deana Downs 2016~

No comments:

Post a Comment